We want to select the best of Colombian designers to enhance their capabilities and support them in adapting their product to the demands of the global market. This with the aim of entering or expanding their growth in the most select international fashion markets.
The project will focus on training for strategic vision, implementing knowledge for adjusting the brand and product, and effectively connecting sales to the international market.
For what are we looking?
We are looking to select the best of Colombian design to enhance its creators’ capabilities and support them in adapting their product to the demands of the global market, thereby entering or expanding their growth in the most select international fashion markets.
To whom is this project directed?
The best 12 Colombian designers who are passionate and desire to participate, who are intentional and show sales potential for international markets, who have clear brand value and business proposition, as well as a unique, distinctive, and commercial product, will be chosen.
ASK FOR ADVICE
How can you participate?
must fill out a form providing
the information needed
for choosing the finalists.
Of these designers,
the selection committee
will choose 12 who demonstrate
exemplary talent, projection,
and international vision.
PHASE I: Selection & Training Program of 12 finalists
September 24 – November 16, 2018
November 16 – December 14, 2018
Announcement of 12 designers:
December 17 – December 21, 2018
March through May, 2019
12 brands with high potential will be selected to enter a training program from March through May of 2019. They will have the possibility to participate in master lectures and workshops led by recognized fashion industry professionals.
PHASE II: Los Creadores Showroom & Winning Talent
Colombiamoda 2019 (july 23 – july 25, 2019)
The twelve brands will present their Resort 2020 collection in the LOS CREADORES showroom, in Medellin, Colombia during Colombiamoda in June, 2019. LOS CREADORES will create a one-of-a-kind experience for top international buyers and editors in order to discover the talent and potential of these Colombian brands.
PHASE III: Mentorship program and Los Creadores Paris Showroom
Mentorship announcement: july 25, 2018
Mentorship program: Second term 2019
Showroom Paris Fashion Week: 2020
The three brands that best perform in the showroom will have a one-on-one mentorship program with an industry leader for the duration of 2019. This will allow the three designers to work with a professional on the needs that are specific to their own brand, personal growth and the development of their business.
The three designers will have the opportunity to participate in the CREO Consulting Paris Fashion Week showroom, where they will be able to showcase the collection they developed with their mentors..
¿What are the stages of this project?
Inscriptions available until November 16, 2018
LOS CREADORES is the first edition of a program, which aims to identify the best of the next generation of Colombian designers.
Designers will undergo a rigorous application process, to find people with the most potential under the following selection criteria:
- Colombian citizenship
- Brand Identity, know-how or added value linked to Colombia
- Integrate sustainability or social responsibility in brand identity or products
- Have a viable business plan and strategic vision for their brand
- Have developed a minimum of two collections
- Have begun to establish a team (min. 2 people)
- Minimum annual sales of 34.500 USD (100 million COP)
- Have a production capacity to meet the needs of large scale retailers (min.100 units per collection overall)
- Have a design proposal with originality and potential
- Have a established relationship with influencers and tangible activity on social networks
- Interest in expanding the international market and willingness to participate
*The program has certain variable costs:
The designers who apply must agree to invest their time and specific resources into the program, in order to make the most out of this experience. The designer must be willing and capable to invest in the following activities:
- Shipment expenses:
- When submitting your application: The designer must be willing and capable to pay for the shipping of garments to, and from the location where the selection committee will meet. Address to be confirmed.
- If selected to join the program: The designer must be willing and capable to pay for international shipping of their garments to showrooms in other countries
- Development of a new lookbook: Be willing and capable to invest in the production and development of a new lookbook featuring the new collection, which follows the mentorship and guidance of the panel of experts of Los Creadores.
- Travel expenses: Be willing and capable to pay the travel expenses required to, and from the mentorship program if necessary.